Welcome to Seva Sadan High School & Junior College
The Puna seva sadan was started in the year 1909 by the late Mrs. Ramabai Ranade. The aim and objects of 'Puna Seva sadan' society is that –"a successful democracy needs trained leaders both men and women it is our purpose to and throughout the land, women with strong, kind, trained, refind, sympathetic attitude who can face life with quiet strength, who in quiet homes keep a wholesome atmosphere, so that the home way minister to the righteousness of the state, to the end that the state may select the thought and guidance of God."
The Nagpur seva sadan was brought into being is an interesting episode. In the year 1923, the late Mr. G. B. Garud came to Nagpur for collecting funds for the central institution. From the talks he had with the symapathisers of the society, it was gathered that the public of this place preferred helping a local branch of the seva sadan to giving charities to the institution at Poona. The late Mr. Garud conveyed this view of the public to the late Mr. G. K. Deodhar, who at once conceived the idea of starting a working centre at Nagpur. In the mean time men like col. K. V. Kukday, (the patson saint) included the late Mr. Deodhar to open a branch of "Poona Seva Sadan Society" in Nagpur and himself offered sum of Rs.3000/- towords the expenses of the branch. Thus the aim idea of the year 1923 materialised on 2 nd January 1927 when the Nagpur Seva Sadan was opened in Dhantoli in the rented bunglow of Mr. K.G. Vaidya asst the hands of the honourable Mr. S. B. Tambe, the then Home member of the C. P. Government.